Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Severe Thrush

(5 Posts)
Quarksoundslikequack Wed 18-Jan-17 23:48:12

Some one please help me, I've had a pessary & cream but my poor vagina is on fire!

What else can I buy or use?? It's horrible and wiping is horrendous

MollyHuaCha Thu 19-Jan-17 00:03:06

Is there an all night pharmacy where you can get another Canestan combi? Maybe you need an urgent dr appt. tomorrow, but they might just prescribe the same as you cd buy. In the meantime keep the area cool, dry and exposed to air where possible. Sorry, I'm not a medic. Hope you feel better soon x

BrianCoxWithBellsOn Thu 19-Jan-17 00:03:48

If the thrush treatment isn't working, it may be Vaginal Bacteriosis (spelling probably wrong) and I think (medically untrained!) needs a different treatment which may include antibiotics.

Someone wiser than me will be along soon i hope.

I've suffered with terrible "thrush" for years and ink I recently, looking back, I think it was probably VB as canesten etc didn't work. I was too embarrassed to go to the Dr though (young and stupid!)

BrianCoxWithBellsOn Thu 19-Jan-17 00:05:25

I'm so dim.

Bacterial Vaginosis. I made up Vaginal Bacteriosis blush

BrianCoxWithBellsOn Thu 19-Jan-17 00:08:52

NHS website says BV doesn't usually itch, but produces fishy , white or grey, smelling discharge.

(My version is what you get at Hogwarts 😂)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now