Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Trying not to worry.....Does anyone have any idea what these symptoms might be please

(7 Posts)
RoundTheBend Fri 23-Feb-07 20:44:44

My DD(15) is in Switzerland at the moment, on a half term holiday with a German family. She texted us last night to say that she thinks she has Impetigo. How she got that, I am not sure but no real worries as I know it can be treated.

She has just texted tonight to say her face is swollen and she has red lumps coming up all over it.

Does anyone know what this might be?

We have tried telephoning her but only getting her ansaphone. Feeling a bit weepy here and stressy that I cannot get in touch with her.

Overrun Fri 23-Feb-07 20:47:47

thats a worry for you. I'm afraid I can't help with the symptoms, hopefully some one will be along shortly. Can you not contact one of the teachers, presumably there must be ways to do this.
I would be feeling the same, if I was away from one of mine. Get them to take her to a gp maybe?

Overrun Fri 23-Feb-07 20:48:23

sorry didn't read that right, I assmumed she was with the shcool

RoundTheBend Fri 23-Feb-07 21:04:51

Thank you for replying Overrun.

drosophila Fri 23-Feb-07 21:08:43

Sounds like an allergic reaction I'd say. IS the impetigo being treated? COuld be a reaction to the treatment.

littlelapin Fri 23-Feb-07 21:08:43

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

RoundTheBend Fri 23-Feb-07 21:16:07

Thank you.. Have just had a text from her to say she feels okay, just does not look very pretty. The Mother with her thinks it could be a reaction to their suncream as DD ran out of her own one yesterday.

I know I am worrying but it seems hard not to when you can't actually speak with them. I did not think to google the symtoms, so thank you for that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now