Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Composite veneers keep cracking

(7 Posts)
KubelkoBondy Wed 18-Jan-17 17:40:12

So annoying - I had some composite veneers done as I have bad enamel erosion on the front of my teeth...and they keep cracking - just happened for a fourth time

I am going to get them done again - but are there any alternatives? Would porcelain veneers be better? Would/could this sort of thing be covered by dental insurance? (It wasn't done in the first place as an aesthetic thing - it's due to them being so sensitive and thin - ugh)

MollyHuaCha Wed 18-Jan-17 18:17:37

I have had veneers for 18 years. The early ones cracked and I think it was because they weren't put on properly. I'm careful not to bite on them - would never chomp on a stick of rock or hard muesli bar etc.

KubelkoBondy Wed 18-Jan-17 18:50:58

Thank you - could my crunchy apple habit be causing this so you think?
Hadn't occurred to me before

MollyHuaCha Wed 18-Jan-17 21:51:19

I was told by my dentist to cut apple into slices rather than bite into a whole one. Also, she says privately paid for veneers are superior to NHS supplied ones. The price of NHS veneers is quite high anyway, so I paid a little more to get private ones. Dentist says the technicians who make them spend longer on the private ones. Don't know if it's true!

KubelkoBondy Wed 18-Jan-17 22:11:20

Thank you - this is so helpful

MollyHuaCha Wed 18-Jan-17 22:38:16

Sorry, it's me again. All my veneers are porcelain, not composite!

KubelkoBondy Wed 18-Jan-17 23:01:07

Ahhh...ok thank you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now