Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Ezcema and baby wipes

(5 Posts)
mama30 Fri 23-Feb-07 14:50:16

My 6 month old DS has bad ezcema in his cheeks. Yesterday I wiped them with Pampers sensitive baby wipes. Oddly today one of the cheeks has really improved....Has anyone experienced this? My 4 year old DD cannot used them anywhere that's a bit sore and it really stings her. Should I continue to use them or are they too harsh??

nuttymum1 Fri 23-Feb-07 14:59:54

hi my ds has eczema and sensitive skin like me i fount that he reacted to any wipes with perfume or baby lotion in then the best ones are simple wipes or asda fragrance free wipes

Weegle Fri 23-Feb-07 15:03:05

We've had the opposite! Fragrance free seem ok but if it's bad then we cant use disposable wipes at all as it flares the eczema up more - when it's like that (and at home anyway) I use washable wipes just with plain water.

kittypants Fri 23-Feb-07 15:06:16

the ones i found best were anything lanolin,perfume free.oddly cheapest ones nearly always were only ones without these!i wouldnt continue.i think there harsh on baby skin anyway so not cure for ezcema.try fleece or cotton wall and water or make own solution.id leave out essential oils though as may irritate your lo.

fairyjay Fri 23-Feb-07 15:38:33

The only wipes I could use for my two were the ones impregnated with Johnson's baby lotion.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now