Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

could this be hormonal? i feel awful

(5 Posts)
queenrollo Fri 23-Feb-07 14:08:02

after being on the pill for 15 years i came off to have a baby. he is now 18 months old and it took about 10 months for my body to settle into a routine of a (roughly) 30 day cycle.

the last two months i've had some spotting mid cycle and over the months i've found the week before i'm due i feel so tired, really dizzy, and nauseous and my ears feel funny....i get headaches too and the last time it was really bad i went to the dr's who checked my blood pressure which was fine.

because i'm just getting used to my body doing it's thing naturally this is all new to me. could my symptoms be hormonal and if so what can i do to ease them? i'm thinking about going back on the pill, because i feel so awful it's making looking after my ds hard work. i have no energy to play with him, or be excited about life.

MrsNoahshensgotgobbled Fri 23-Feb-07 20:48:18

Are sure you arent pg ?
I would go back to Dr, Queenie.

queenrollo Sat 24-Feb-07 10:57:12

oh....very definitely not pregnant!!

i think a trip back to the GP is in order. last time i was so foggy brained from the headache i didn't really get any of my points across to him.

maybe i should go armed with it all written down...i am keeping notes in my diary of how i feel and when to see if there is some kind of pattern. i just always seem to get fobbed off with painkillers, which doesn't solve the problem at all.

MrsNoahshensgotgobbled Sun 25-Feb-07 14:13:48

I know that you can get hormone related headaches. I get them at certain hormone related times.

Also my sister was on a fairly strong pill (Dianette)for years and years and she swears it gave her all sorts of issues now she has come off a year ago.

I agree a diary of your dates and symptoms would be a very good idea. That way you can go back to GP with a clearer picture.
But I think the fact that your periods a regular is a good sign to start with.

Hope you start to feel better soon. Keep me posted.

queenrollo Mon 26-Feb-07 10:55:38

i've written down a long list of how i feel......because i always clam up in the dr's and forget to tell them stuff. i have an appointment tomorrow morning (unfortunately with a doc not known for his sympathetic attitude). i just feel so run down and awful, and it's affecting every aspect of life. hopefully my dr can help me get back to being the bouncy person i used to be!!
will keep you posted!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: