Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Wisdom teeth

(10 Posts)
user1483804139 Sun 15-Jan-17 21:24:35

My wisdom.teeth are only partially through and don't appear to be coming through anymore than that. The dentist has seen them like that and hasn't mentioned anything. I'm not in any pain with them touch wood but is thatnnormal or should I make an appointment to get them checked?

PollytheDolly Sun 15-Jan-17 21:29:34

How old are you?

I'm 44 and my bottom ones are partially erupted and have been for 20 years. Top ones are through.

Had them checked 10 or so years ago and they said (hospital and dentists) if they're not bothering you leave alone.

AtleastitsnotMonday Sun 15-Jan-17 21:33:18

My advice would be if they aren't bothering you leave well alone! Having them out can be grim.

user1483804139 Sun 15-Jan-17 21:44:32

I'm 26. I was just poking around with my tongue and realised they'd not come through all the way. The bottom right is nearly all there just a tiny flap covering but the other one is only up a bit . Thanks I'll leave em and hope they don't cause problems

Bitofacow Sun 15-Jan-17 21:49:22

LEAVE THEM ALONE.

if they are fine ignore them. I had one of my lower wisdom teeth out several years ago. Drilling. They drill them out. Nuff said.

user1483804139 Sun 15-Jan-17 21:55:30

I will do. Well I'm no novice at having teeth removed anyway. But whilst they're just sitting pretty with no bother I'll leave them to it. Thanks. Don't think I could afford a dentist bill atm either.

Allalonenow Sun 15-Jan-17 22:01:51

Be sure to keep that area very clean, use a mouthwash etc, as you can get gum problems caused by bacteria being trapped around that little flap.
There is still time for them to come through more, as you are only young.

Haggisfish Sun 15-Jan-17 22:04:16

They don't usually need to drill them out. They just pull and lever them out. Yes to leaving them alone!

Monkeyinshoes Mon 16-Jan-17 17:51:39

My bottom right wisdom tooth has been partly through for years.

Never been a problem until this week when the gum flap that half covers it got inflamed and infected. Seems to be settling down thanks to lots of mouthwashing, hoping it goes back to not bothering me again.

So make sure you clean and mouthwash back there as well as you can and they'll probably be fine.

PollytheDolly Mon 16-Jan-17 22:06:04

My bottom ones are sideways lol. They are the ones that caused problems but I stuck it out. Top ones are huge and came through very easily. Could crack a walnut between them if one would fit grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now