Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Anyone help, constant heartburn, indigestion and pain in back and chest for 5 weeks

(8 Posts)
Autofill Sun 15-Jan-17 19:10:10

Constant heartburn, indigestion and pain in back and chest for 5 weeks
Just wondering if anyone has experienced this before and shed any light. Started end of November out of nowhere, not been taking any ibuprofen or any other drugs, no stress, no heavy drinking. H-pylori tested negative. Christmas was not fun.

For the last four weeks I have been on extremely plain diet which doesn't seem to change anything. Doctor suggests gastritis, and has sent me for an ultrasound on Gallbladder should be soon.

I have tried one week of Omeprazole (which gave me severe headaches and greater pain in back, now trying lasomeprazole which really isn't helping much either.) Tried gaviscon, rennies all to no avail. Fed up really, getting short tempered with kids, other half and can't seem to concentrate on anything else.

Just wondered if anyone has been through the other side or any other hints.

dotdash Sun 15-Jan-17 19:27:19

Have you had an ECG to tile out anything cardiac?

Autofill Sun 15-Jan-17 19:39:16

Thanks for posting dotdash, no I've not...interesting - its almost like I suffer an attack at least once a day at differing times that lasts 1-2 hours, no matter what i eat makes no difference.

TwatteryFlowers Sun 15-Jan-17 19:45:08

I know you said you're having tests for gallbladder soon. My gallbladder pain used to start off with heartburn/acid indigestion that wasn't relieved by lanzoprazole. It then felt like a lump of pain in my chest under my right boob and around my side into my back - kind of in the middle and towards my right hand side. I felt full, bloated and very gassy despite lots of huge man-burps.

If you are at all worried about it being your heart or lungs, get to either a walk-in centre or to your a&e. Hope you get answers and relief soon flowers

MichaelSheensNextDW Sun 15-Jan-17 20:02:23

How are you in yourself? Do you feel generally well apart from the pain or any fever, chills, sweats, loss of appetite?
It could be cholecystitis in which case you need some decent antibiotics and pain relief. The antacids would suggest it's not acid reflux/indigestion.

trinity0097 Sun 15-Jan-17 20:04:56

I would say gallstones, I am in hospital with mine at the moment

helensburgh Sun 15-Jan-17 20:10:20

First thought us either gallbladder or sphincter of oddi dysfunction .
Hope you don't have to wait long

Autofill Sun 15-Jan-17 20:24:27

Thanks all for posting, interesting to hear your opinions. I guess I dismissed gallbladder problems as I'm not rolling around on the floor with pain as my mother was :-( just great discomfort. I guess I'm a bit weepier than usual and completely lost my sense of humour and a bit tired I guess.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now