Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Worried about dry socket

(6 Posts)
Governoress86 Sun 15-Jan-17 17:39:23

Hello

I had my 2nd upper molar extracted 5 days ago and i am still worried about a dry socket. Am i out of the woods yet?

Also can i go about my normal activities yet and would having intercourse be ok.

I cant see the hole as it is too far back and got the teeth in front blocking the view of the hole. I am not in any pain and dont want to touch it with my tongue in case i do more damage.

I am doing salt rinses 4 times daily.

I am back for a check up on tuesday.

Thanks in advance for replies

Hecticlifeanddrowning8 Sun 15-Jan-17 18:53:52

in my experience a dry socket usually happened on day 3 or 4 and it is agony . Yes you can resume normal activitys from 24 hours afterwards 48 hrs if sedation was used.

Haggisfish Sun 15-Jan-17 18:55:20

When I had it the pain gradually got worse and it was fucking agony by five days. I think you're in the clear.

Governoress86 Sun 15-Jan-17 19:03:08

Thank you for your replies.

I was worried about dry socket as im not good with pain and have heard its agony.

gamerchick Sun 15-Jan-17 19:05:44

I think you would have known about it by now.

Intercourse? I don't really want to curious about which part of your body you use for that if you're worried after getting a tooth out. wink

Governoress86 Sun 15-Jan-17 19:23:13

Lol i meant by raising my blood presusre cause any harm to the clot as i dont want to dislodge it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now