Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Multiple finger warts -duct tape method?

(5 Posts)
PossumInAPearTree Sat 14-Jan-17 21:33:31

God knows why in middle age I now find myself plagued by warts when I've never had them before. Didn't even realise that's what they were at first as they're not what I thought a typical wart looks like. Mine are quite flat and big, almost just like rough, white skin which takes up a fair bit of my finger.

I have three on different fingers.

Anyway I've read that duct tape is best but I can't have duct tape over my fingers when I'm at work (3 days a week). If I have the tape on the rest of the time will it still work or does it need to be constant?

Or any other methods?

user1471548678 Mon 16-Jan-17 22:59:04

Chelidonium from a chemist really helped my kids with this. You have to gently file them down and then apply. The stuff is made by Vogel and some chemists stock it. It's a plant extract. Recommended by my GP and worked well. Good luck!

liontigertoucan Tue 17-Jan-17 15:58:56

I had one on my lip (gross I know) and tea tree oil worked for me! I dabbed neat tea tree oil on it 3-4 times a day and it shrunk and eventually disappeared with no scarring

PossumInAPearTree Tue 17-Jan-17 16:28:10

Thanks. will try one of those and then the other if need be.

loveyoutothemoon Tue 17-Jan-17 16:47:26

The best ever thing for warts is a prescribed gel which has acid in. Clears them up quickly and my daughter hasn't suffered with them since.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now