Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Tell me a good doctor

(4 Posts)
MaryAll Sat 14-Jan-17 11:02:27

Girls, I need a good doctor in Central London, I need to check my breast health.

Crumbs1 Sat 14-Jan-17 11:04:52

Go to your GP on Monday most are competent. There are clear referral guidelines for breast anomalies.

AmandaK11 Sat 14-Jan-17 11:07:57

I would suggest using Thermography. But yes, first check with your GP. I went to the natural doctor, they were very nice, I wasn't feeling uncomfortable at all and luckily it all went well without any bad surprises.

Crumbs1 Sat 14-Jan-17 11:34:31

Do not rely on thermography to detect breast cancer. There is no evidence of its efficacy to detect early cancers which are the most treatable.

Go to your GP who, if you meet the referral criteria will refer you to a specialist who has access to all the necessary testing. The clinic is one-stop and you should be tested and have basic idea of outcome on the day. It happens within a fortnight of referral. We treat breast cancer very well in NHS - with much better outcomes than in private sector.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: