Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Should I cancel breast clinic appointment?

(6 Posts)
SquidViscious Fri 13-Jan-17 13:44:07

I went to the doc about a breast lump. I'd felt it during my period and stupidly didn't wait to see if it went down again afterwards. Anyway, GP referred me to breast clinic and I've had an appointment letter. Now my period's over, the lump's gone right down (not disappeared, but much less prominent). Should I cancel the clinic appointment? I don't want to waste NHS time, but also don't want to be reckless.
Many thanks.

KoalasAteMyHomework Fri 13-Jan-17 13:51:46

I'd still go. If the GP thought it was worth checking out then get it checked even if it has gone down a bit. You could always phone the GP otherwise and leave a message and see if they think you should get it checked out still.

JigglyTuff Fri 13-Jan-17 13:54:32

I'm assuming your GP knew you were menstruating when you went to see them? I'd get it checked out if I were you.

missyB1 Fri 13-Jan-17 13:54:47

Please still go to that appointment. I went with a lump which turned out to be a cyst BUT the Doctor found another tiny lump in the OTHER breast which turned out to be a cancer!
I'm not trying to scare you I'm just saying it's always worth getting checked..

rocket74 Fri 13-Jan-17 13:56:52

Go. It's not a waste of time at all.

SquidViscious Tue 17-Jan-17 10:47:50

Thank you all for your replies. They've been very useful. Looks like perhaps I should go along anyway, and get it checked out. Thanks again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now