Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Small painless lump on tongue...

(9 Posts)
worrier1983 Fri 13-Jan-17 10:14:32

Hi guys just wanted some advice really a few weeks ago I noticed a tiny lump on the side of my tongue I thought it was an ulcer but not painful.. It's still there and the last few days right where the lump is my tongue has become indented/puckered 😕 I'll add a photo to this post any advice would be great as I don't want to go to docs if something silly..

swannyswanerson Fri 13-Jan-17 10:20:13

I would ask your GP or dentist to check it out. Any ulcer or lump in mouth that does not disappear needs to be looked at. Personally I would go to dentist rather than GP. There will be walk in clinics in your area if you are not registered x

Kr1stina Fri 13-Jan-17 10:22:40

I'd go to your GP or dentist, just to check.

worrier1983 Fri 13-Jan-17 10:24:33

Thanks both I will give it til the middle of next week and if still not changed I'll take a trip to the dentist 😩

worrier1983 Tue 17-Jan-17 11:50:54

So the bump is still there's its small and Deffo not an ulcer it's the same colour as my tongue and I really don't wanna waste anyone's time of its just normal.. Anyone else suffer with this type of bump and I've tried to get some photos of it

worrier1983 Tue 17-Jan-17 11:54:21

Maybe easier to see in these 😕

swannyswanerson Wed 18-Jan-17 23:39:44

Hello

As a fellow worrier I understand. I am not a clinician at all so i can't give any advice on your photos but I do work in dental health. The standard advice is that any lump, ulcer or patch that hasn't healed within two weeks should be checked out just to make sure xx

NavyandWhite Thu 19-Jan-17 10:38:25

I'd go to the GP just to check it OP.

SummerRains Sun 22-Jan-17 16:55:13

Hi I have something similar - have dentist next month. Did you find anything out? Hope all ok.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now