Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Improved health after quitting fizzy drinks

(3 Posts)
ThanksForAllTheFish Thu 12-Jan-17 20:44:39

Has anyone else quit fizzy drinks and noticed a huge improvement in their general health?

I was think about this today. I quit fizzy drinks 2 years ago (I was drinking between 2-4 litres of Pepsi max a day). I've noticed lots little improvements in my health.

E.g.:
I used to always feel cold. I was that person in the office sitting with a scarf on when everyone else was walking around with short sleeves.

I no longer get insomnia. Before I would wake up at 3am looking for a drink of Pepsi max and that would be me until 5:30 before I could sleep again.

I no longer get dizzy spells when I stand up. I used to get these at least once a day.

ThanksForAllTheFish Thu 12-Jan-17 20:46:23

Sorry posted too soon.

I also wanted to say I haven't had a cold in two years but previously I would have 5 or more a year.

I know this could all be coincidence so just wondering if anyone has experienced similar things?

Surreyblah Thu 12-Jan-17 20:47:29

Don't know but there's a quitting coke (the drink kind!) thread!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now