Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Had tooth extraction tuesday and the roof of my mouth kind of hurts when i swallow.

(5 Posts)
Governoress86 Thu 12-Jan-17 16:14:05

Hello all

I had my 2nd upper molar extracted on tuesday due to abscess and decayed. Its now thursday and when i swallow the roof of my mouth on that side hurts a bit ( not bad but noticeable) its when my tongue puts pressure when swallowing.

I had to have quite a few injections and my partner said he counted 9 ( could be more or less) as i could not get numb due to infection.

I am on another course of antibiotics ( amoxycillin 500mg 3x daily for 5 days). And cheekbone aches sometimes but dont feel unwell or in a lot of pain.

Im just wondering if this pain is normal and if it would be due to the injections?

Many thanks

BobbyNoggle Thu 12-Jan-17 19:39:20

injections into the palate are normal with an Upper Molar and it is usually sore for a few days afterwards because the tissues are a lot thinner than the cheek side IYSWIM.
Quite possibly bruised-entirely normal post extraction.
Carry on with pain relief and regular hot salt mouth rinses; the latter for a good 7 days post-extraction.
If pain starts to increase -this can be a sign of a dry socket developing-but you will know about it! (+ will need to return to your dentist).

jesterkat Thu 12-Jan-17 19:41:54

Bobbynoggle is spot on there. Nothing else to add. Agree with bruising and post op pain. The amox should kick in soon also. Good luck op.

Governoress86 Thu 12-Jan-17 19:54:00

Thank you for your replies. I have got a check up appointment on the 17/1/17 to see how everything is healing.

WiMoChi Sat 14-Jan-17 19:20:55

I had four fillings a few weeks ago without any pain relief and my whole mouth wasn't the same for a while. Maybe it's normal x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now