Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Irregular periods

(6 Posts)
Amilouise09 Wed 11-Jan-17 22:55:50

Hi all,

Just looking for bit of advice, I have had 5periods in the last 4 months before Nov 2016 they were fine like clock work but since then they have been very weird.
Just wondered if anyone else has had anything like this and if they could give me some advice.
Thanks

TheUpsideDown Wed 11-Jan-17 22:57:12

Did you change your contraception around 4 months ago?

Amilouise09 Wed 11-Jan-17 23:02:58

No I haven't been on any contraception for just under 2 years.

TheUpsideDown Thu 12-Jan-17 00:02:33

Have you had any illnesses, been on any new medication, or been on a diet?

Titsywoo Thu 12-Jan-17 00:13:27

I'm having the same issues. Currently on day 45 of my cycle! 2 years ago I was a regular 28 dayer and now they are all over the place. I'm going to the GP on Friday about it. Sorry no help whatsoever but know how you feel!

LauderSyme Thu 12-Jan-17 00:35:49

Mine became very erratic and irregular last year. GP found that my medication had caused my levels of the hormone prolactin to soar, so my body basically thought it was breastfeeding!
There are also other hormones involved in regulating your menstrual cycle, and other causes of hormonal fluctuations, so you may wish to request blood tests.
Are you stressed? Are you eating well?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now