Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Quick question please - How long between pre-op and operation?

(5 Posts)
Fauxgina Wed 11-Jan-17 20:42:38

Hi, wondered if anyone can help - I was told they would book me an operation in around April/May time and I've just received a pre-op appointment for Thurs 2nd Feb. My Dad said that they would be unlikely to leave 2 months + in between a pre-op and the operation itself and I
wondered if anyone knew what the guidelines were? I have 2 young children who aren't at Primary school yet so I need to plan properly to allow childcare during my recovery.

I did phone and ask today but they just said I'm still on the waiting list with no operation date in which I understand I just want to know if there were general guidelines on how long you can leave between pre-op and op so that I can have some idea. Thanks for any help.

Fauxgina Thu 12-Jan-17 09:28:49

Bump flowers

autumnlove Thu 12-Jan-17 18:58:10

I had my pre op tests in February and my surgery was scheduled mid April.

Nearlyhadenough Thu 12-Jan-17 19:33:45

I am having an operation in mid Feb - pre op was mid December.

Apparently a pre op lasts for 6 months - I did query this!

Fauxgina Thu 12-Jan-17 19:40:38

Great thanks both. Nice to know a pre-op lasts for 6 months! I did write another post in chat as I was getting a bit stressed trying to figure out planning and had a few answers there too so I am not so worked up now and will assume it's not going to be a mad rush!

Thanks brew

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now