Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Mirena coil is out........now what?

(6 Posts)
adelicatequestion Thu 22-Feb-07 15:46:11

I had my mirena coil out on tuesday morning and today I am bleeding like mad. I have stomach ache like bad period pains. In 4 years I havent; had a period.

How long do you bleed for after having it out?

What were your experiences?

I just want to know roughly what to expect as the doctor said nothing would happen and I woulodn;t get any heavy bleeding!

RubberDuck Thu 22-Feb-07 16:29:38

Oh god - I'm hoping to get mine out once dh has had the all clear (he had a vasectomy last month). Will be watching this thread with interest.

My homoeopath did mention that a colleague of hers had it out and found mood swings and hormones were all over the place for several months afterwards... urk.

adelicatequestion Thu 22-Feb-07 16:46:51

Lucky you. My DH won;t consider a snip and I'm very resentful of it. So I've had it out and now there's no sex!!

RubberDuck Thu 22-Feb-07 17:02:30

LOL... well that's motivating for him

adelicatequestion Thu 22-Feb-07 17:07:14

Well, I figure i've done my bit over the last 20 yrs of pills, coils, c section, childbirth twins etc. Now it's his turn to be the grown up.

She says as she throws her toys out of the pram and stamps her foot!

Celery Thu 22-Feb-07 17:10:48

I had mine out nearly two weeks ago and haven't bled at all. I feel fantastic, it was making me very tense and aggressive and now I feel like a cloud has lifted.

DH isn't coming anywhere near me now though, despite me coming back fromt he clinic armed with a million condoms AND a morning after pill, "just in case"

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now