Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Can you get an IUD fitted at the same time as you have a smear test?

(6 Posts)
saffymum Thu 22-Feb-07 13:46:26

Hi anyone know if its possible to book at smear test and ask for an IUD to be fitted at the same time? I really only want to have to drop my knickers once, its bad enough!!

LIZS Thu 22-Feb-07 13:47:30

Yes as long as the person is qualified to do it.

LaylaandSethsmum Thu 22-Feb-07 13:48:22

Yes but make sure you book in with the doc aswell as the nurse ( unless your nurses fit coils!!)

Many docs like to fit coils during you period or just after , which is the wrong time for a smear though, it may be worth asking first!!HTH

DimpledThighs Thu 22-Feb-07 13:54:12

think the timings are different - ring the surgery and ask.

Azure Thu 22-Feb-07 13:55:06

I had it done at the same time - I was booked in for the coil and once there asked the doctor to do the smear "as she was down there". This was around 4 months after birth, though, and I hadn't had a period as I was still breasfeeding.

MegaLegs Thu 22-Feb-07 13:55:52

Yes - I did.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: