Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Weird headache/sensation

(9 Posts)
pishedoff Mon 09-Jan-17 13:33:32

Hi

I've had an on/off headache since middle of last week. They are mild - only once taken paracetamol- so more of a niggle. I also feel pressure around my eyes and have at times felt dizzy and had mild blurry vision. Only other symptom is feeling tired. No cold symptoms etc and not had one recently.

I've booked an appointment to see the doc next Monday, with the hope it'll be gone by then.

I do suffer with anxiety and know that can cause an array of irritating symptoms but if it's that this is a new symptom for me ( I tend to suffer more with palpitations and breathing issues). I am a health worrier sad

Should I be wanting to see a doc sooner? I hate feeling like I'm wasting their time but I feel weird confused. Anyone had these sort of symptoms and it be something simple?

Thanks

QuestionableMouse Mon 09-Jan-17 13:38:19

Could be sinus related? Try a decongestant and see if it feels better.

Gatekeeper Mon 09-Jan-17 13:38:41

I've had exactly the same since last week and woke up this morning with full blown sinus pain so I've put it down to this. Head now hurts, ear and teeth with pressure behind right eye. I'm going to do a steam inhale season to see if that helps

pishedoff Mon 09-Jan-17 13:40:33

Hi mouse

Unfortunately I can't take decongestant as I'm asthmatic, I'm not feeling stuffy in the slightest though? But the headache certainly feels to be in the area where my sinus would be confused. Is it possible to have sinus problems without the feeling of a cold?

Maudlinmaud Mon 09-Jan-17 13:41:56

Hi op I wouldn't ignore blurred vision. Could you maybe make an appointment with your optician?.
Hope you feel better soon.

Nishky Mon 09-Jan-17 13:43:33

I have had similar last week and am off work today as I have a temperature and feel nauseous. I would be interested to know what the doctor said. It's all been a bit weird- nothing I can really put my finger on, just a bit off for a week or so. Today was the first time I would actually say that I am ill.

pishedoff Mon 09-Jan-17 13:53:25

Exactly Nishky, I can't really put my finger on it either, none of the symptoms are really bad, to the point of me wondering if I'm imagining it ( as I say, I am a worrier!). I hate brains, my DS is currently having treatment for a tumour and I know far more than I should!

Sorry I've now forgotten the name of the PP who asked about seeing the optician- I will, however I only had my eyes tested a few months ago. Worth seeing though

QuestionableMouse Mon 09-Jan-17 14:31:04

I had something like this last year and sinus problems were what my GP blamed. She suggested I try decongestants and a sinus rinse. I find I still get a feeling of pressure in my face sometimes though.

Fagin99 Mon 09-Jan-17 16:42:06

Hey there,

Definitely sounds like a sinus problem or possible even chronic tensions headache? (I too am a worrier and get these sorts of symptoms when stressed, sometimes for days).

I remember I had a sinus infection once and all I had was toothache (no nasal congestion or anything). I went to my dentist and confirmed it by asking me to put bend my head forward whilst standing up (so my head was almost almost at my knees if that makes sense) and asked if the pressure increased in this position. The fact that it did told her it was sinuses. Anyway, I'm not saying you should use this as a test! All I'm saying is that infections can appear in weird ways.

I can understand your worry, especially if you have a family member who is unwell, but only needing to take paracetamol once doesn't seem to me like anything serious. If in doubt, maybe ask your pharmacist? (Easier sometimes that's going to the doctor). Hope you feel better soon. x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now