Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Cerelle - your experiences pls

(3 Posts)
youvegottobekidding Sun 08-Jan-17 11:40:34

My GP has perscribed me the mini pill Cerelle to see if it will help with my hormonal headaches that I suffer from every month, I get them really bad before, during & especially the days after my period. I can't go on the combined pill because of them.

I'm a bit reluctant to start Cerelle after hearing a few horror stories, I've yet to hear a good story! My periods are regular. I've also heard from a few ladies that Cerelle was given to them instead of their usual Cezerette, which caused a few problems for them, yet it's apparently the same pill?

I know everyone's different but I'm already on preventative meds for my headaches, which I've been on for several years, I'm trying to come off those as i feel they're no longer helping, I'm beginning to get desperate as the headaches are becoming more frequent & instense & its diabilitating, I thought if I can get some feedback on Cerelle, perhaps it's worth a shot?

Margay Sun 08-Jan-17 14:22:26

I've found it brilliant. My monthly migraines are now only once every two or three months, and the symptoms from my huge fibroid (the doctor wanted to refer me for surgery!) are pretty much non-existent. No periods either!

redannie118 Mon 09-Jan-17 16:27:46

I used to have periods from hell , literally one week a month I could barely leave the house. Cerelle was my last option before a hysterectomy and it worked. I haven't had a period for 2 years, it has quite literally changed my life. It does have some side effect (I never did but know lots of people do) and it does take about 3 months to totally settle so bear with it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now