Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Manky foot

(8 Posts)
Luuby86 Sun 08-Jan-17 03:00:25

Hey guys. Can't sleep so thought I'd get some opinions on my horrid foot. Back in October I did a 45km endurance event which left my toenails rather bruised. Not surprisingly my big toe nail has decided to part company with my toe, which in itself is not a problem. However underneath the nail is looking rather yellow and my God does it smell!! Should I be getting it looked at or just man up?

MollyHuaCha Sun 08-Jan-17 06:27:52

Looks worthy of a trip to Dr to me. Hope you feel more comfortable soon.

xingbake Sun 08-Jan-17 06:32:00

Smelly yellow pus = infection. It doesn't look red or swollen though.

Def worth getting looked at.

phoebe2016 Sun 08-Jan-17 07:04:41

Yep, agree with the others....straight to the Doc with that one!! Hope you are fixed up
Soon.

Paddington68 Sun 08-Jan-17 07:08:58

bathe your feet in salt water, and go see a doctor

Luuby86 Sun 08-Jan-17 12:54:17

Update. So half of the nail came off. I bathed it in salt water and gave it a good clean and dry. Also found some Fucidin cream in the medicine cupboard, so have it a good covering. It's looking a lot cleaner now. I'm guessing the little wierd bit at the bottom is a new nail growing in? That's a good sign right?

Munchkin1412 Sun 08-Jan-17 12:58:41

I did a 100k walk and half my nails came off and regrew - looks ok 👌 they sort themselves out!

Probably shouldn't have opened your thread while eating my lunch though 😀

BoreOfWhabylon Sun 08-Jan-17 13:05:31

Looks fine now you've cleaned it up - you might want to trim/file down the pointy bit of nail at the top to save it catching on anything.

And yes, the bit at the bottom is the new nail that will g r a d u a l l y grow back (might not ever be 'perfect' again though)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now