Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Vaginal lumps/bumps/spots

(6 Posts)
user1483804139 Sat 07-Jan-17 18:26:03

So I have these little lumps that crop up now and again, they'll start off as a sore spot and gradually become lump like and painful until they fill with pus and either burst of own accord or I squeeze them. I've had std tests as one doc I saw ages ago suggested it might be herpes. But no infections. They go once burst. But they just crop up on and off randomly. I've read that it could be follicitus but I don't shave anymore due to that risk. Just trim. Does anyone else get these? I'm quite a cysty person. I have a sebaceous cyst on my leg and have had two removed from my face. Don't I sound a beaut! Anyway, just hoping someone can help or relate. Got a docs app with a dermatologist as reported by nurse Tuesday to talk about it.

flumpybear Sat 07-Jan-17 18:29:17

I thought small spots like that were quite common?!

user1483804139 Sun 08-Jan-17 08:16:23

I'm not sure. Does anyone else get them regularly?

pinkpompoms Sun 08-Jan-17 16:42:20

I started with something similar about 2years ago, I noticed slight sharp pain when wiping. Would get the odd one every few months or so, sometimes in little crops. Mostly they go on their own, occasionally one will swell that much it bursts.
My doc thinks they are sebaceous cysts, a bit like acne. They seem to coincide with bursts of acne on my face and all seems to be linked to my cycle. It feels like I'm going through puberty again .......................but it's peri-menopause hmm

user1483804139 Sun 08-Jan-17 20:15:57

They're so weird. Mine always end up pus filled and burst. I also get itchy after period. I had swabs taken ages ago but they found nothing g.

WhiskyChick Sun 08-Jan-17 20:18:41

I get these. I think mine are usually ingrown hairs, they can be really nippy. I used to shave but now just trim.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now