Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

I am so cold all the time! Could I have low thyroid?

(7 Posts)
EstellaHavisham Sat 07-Jan-17 16:34:50

Debating whether to get an appt for a blood test to see what's making me feel so rough.
If you have low thyroid symptoms does this sound familiar or not:

My bones feel like ice all the time and my fingers tingle and go blueish.
I keep feeling a bit dizzy and I'm so very tired and feel low.
I just want to get into bed and stay there all day.
Yesterday I thought I was coming down with a cold as my throat was sore and still is a bit but no cold symptoms really. I realised today I've felt crap for a few weeks and can't seem to cope. It doesn't feel so much like depression, I don't feel 'right' though.
My memory is shit and I can't think straight, no motivation.
My nails are dry and breaking and this is a pretty recent thing.

I am in surgical meno and have been 3 years, on HRT and have osteo arth in my neck

yumscrumfatbum Sat 07-Jan-17 16:42:46

My DH has an under active thyroid. His initial symptoms were tiredness, mental confusion, low food, muscular aches and night sweats. You should definitely have a blood test to rule it out x

yumscrumfatbum Sat 07-Jan-17 16:43:49

Low mood! Also his eyebrows started falling out

hairymuffet Sat 07-Jan-17 19:00:55

Could be B12 deficiency

EstellaHavisham Tue 10-Jan-17 18:38:11

Thank you for your replies. Got a telephone appt with the GP who said it could be thyroid, Vit D or B12 deficiency and booked me in for a blood test which I had today. Up until Xmas I was taking D3 and B12 so I don't expect the results will show much deficiency for those even if they were the problem because it will still be in my system IYSWIM

I feel and look lousy at the moment, spots, blotchy skin, bags under my eyes, sore throat and mouth. And sooooo tired and cold.
As daft as it sounds I kind of hope the results show I do have under actove thyroid so this can be treated and go away. sad

With my luck though the results will turn up as everything normal and in range and 'no further action' which is great but no use when I feel this bad grin

youcantgoback Sun 15-Jan-17 14:55:47

Make sure you get a copy of the results. Normal range is misleading as bottom of the range doesn't mean optimal and could give you the symptoms you have. Also check they have tested antibodies for Hashimotos thyroiditis.

tobee Sun 15-Jan-17 18:00:42

Could also be anaemia. Hopefully your gp will give you a full blood test where this will be checked. Both low thyroid and anaemia take a while (maybe months) to sort, especially thyroid as they gradually build your dosage up and re-test and then you should get tested every year.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now