Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

body hair loss

(7 Posts)
cariboo Fri 06-Jan-17 20:14:29

My hair has always been super-fine and I've never had a lot of body hair but suddenly, I have hardly any! I shaved my underarms and legs on NYE and almost nothing has grown back, upper lip hair is almost gone (yay) but I've lost almost all my pubic hair (sorry!), and the hair on my head seems even thinner than usual. I'm peri-menopausal, btw.

cariboo Tue 10-Jan-17 07:03:49

hello? anyone home?

Pleasemrstweedie Tue 10-Jan-17 13:23:26

How's your thyroid function? This happened to me when my thyroid started to fail.

WetNovemberDay Tue 10-Jan-17 13:25:57

Weirdly i"ve gone the other way. Its driving me mad with hiw much hair removal i need to do. Also peri and I have thyroid issue but its my head hair im losing everywhere else is flourishinghmm

cariboo Wed 11-Jan-17 06:37:56

I'm already taking thyroxin but a tiny dose. I guess I need to get some blood tests done...

Pleasemrstweedie Sun 15-Jan-17 13:24:16

A tiny dose of thyroxine is no good to man nor beast and can make you more hypo.

New research says starting dose should be 100mcg if you're under fifty and don't have heart disease,

Too many people get stuck on low doses and stay ill.

cariboo Mon 16-Jan-17 06:07:17

Good to know.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now