Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Extremely eye watering itchy bottom with what I can only describe as a .....

(17 Posts)
Dickorydockwhatthe Fri 06-Jan-17 13:27:02

Nobly but if skin/lump sticking out. I've always had a tag of skin sticking of my bottom since ds but this is now bigger and so so itchy!!!
Tmi I know but the thing is I've always found it difficult to clean my bottom properly as poo would sometimes hide in the nook of the tag if you know what I mean making me extremely paranoid. So my general routine has always been morning poo followed by a shower to ensure I'm clean. However recently my bowels have all been out of sync so Ivee had to ensure Ive really wiped my bottom around the nobly bit really throughly but I'm not sure if this has now irritated the area :-/ . Do you think I could have it removed?? And how can I stop the itching??

wishparry Fri 06-Jan-17 13:30:56

Do you use wet wipes after tissue?are you sure the lump is not piles?if that's the case hemmaroid cream may help?if not perhaps wet wipe then sudocreme to soothe the itch?i would suggest seeing a doctor though.

Hairyhat Fri 06-Jan-17 13:42:54

I'm the same sometimes. I did wonder about threadworms. But treated myself twice to no avail. Does it just itch at night or all day long?

Dickorydockwhatthe Fri 06-Jan-17 13:47:48

All day really so not worms. It is likely to be piles I think as it's not a hard lump. I've only had it since giving birth but I've always been aware of it when wiping my bottom iykwim. No I don't use wet wipes as wasn't sure if that would irritate it.

Mungobungo Fri 06-Jan-17 13:49:07

It's a haemorrhoid. Get yourself some cream and suppositories. They itch like mad and can be as small as a skin tag or as large as a grape.

KoolKoala07 Fri 06-Jan-17 13:49:09

Sounds like piles to me.

INeedNewShoes Fri 06-Jan-17 13:54:23

Just in case this is useful to anyone here, I went to my GP last May thinking I might have piles (I had three little 'skin tags' there). I was horrified when she told me it was genital warts. I'm single and at that time had been for over a year, and have never had unprotected sex (in fact have had depressingly little sex in my life at all!). They're treatable but can be absolute bastards to get rid of. The virus can lie dormant in your system for years (so no symptoms) and then a sudden drop in immune system can lead to warts appearing.

I'm just mentioning this here in case anyone looking at this thread has tried treating their lumps as piles to no avail...

secretsignal Fri 06-Jan-17 13:55:11

Vaseline stops the itching for me

mayhew Sat 07-Jan-17 16:57:19

The haemorrhoid cream with hydrocortisone is good for itchy piles.

samg80 Sat 07-Jan-17 17:08:24

I had this exact problem after having DD and it turned out to be a lovely thrush/ piles combo which had turned in to a bit of a vicious circle. I was making things worse trying to keep clean, inflaming the itching and the piles. I had to have a month long course of Lymecycline for the thrush and it felt a lot better after the first tablet. I had to have another course a few months later as it did creep back a bit but it's so much better so far. Sudocrem applied at bed time did help the itching.

samg80 Sat 07-Jan-17 17:13:39

Oh and you could always try filling a squirtysports bottle with water then spray yourself clean 'douche' style then gently pat dry with a towel rather than wiping your bits raw.

WhatWouldLeslieKnopeDo Sat 07-Jan-17 20:45:39

Do you have any pain? It might be a fissure rather than haemorrhoids. You can get a little lump at the top of the fissure, called a sentinel pile.

WhatWouldLeslieKnopeDo Sat 07-Jan-17 20:46:11

Sorry, meant to say that when a fissure is healing it can be very itchy.

Popskipiekin Sun 08-Jan-17 03:43:49

Sounds suspiciously like piles. You can get some wet wipes meant for the anal area, with witch hazel and/or other cooling/anti itch stuff. Going through post partum piles right now and one of those after a bowel movement is a godsend. I thought mine would never go away but combo of cream and suppositories is doing the trick.

BoreOfWhabylon Sun 08-Jan-17 04:35:28

As a v wise doctor once said to me about an 'embarrassing' problem, What would you do if it was on your face? You'd see your GP. No difference.

Please get it checked out.

WhatWouldLeslieKnopeDo Sun 08-Jan-17 11:31:35

Yes, as Bore says you need to get it checked. They'll have seen much worse.

In the meantime, don't use any scented products on it. Make sure you rinse very thoroughly if you use (unscented) soap or shower gel.

Don't use any creams that are moist, e.g. Preparation H or aloe vera gel, as the moisture can encourage fungal infections. Use something oily like Sudocrem.

Hairyhat Sat 21-Jan-17 22:32:03

Hi dickory, did you get it sorted? What did the doctor diagnose and has it cured you?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now