Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Smear test result - am I worrying about nothing?

(7 Posts)
Janey50 Thu 05-Jan-17 23:52:18

I had a smear test done on 14th December. I received a text this morning regarding the result. It said 'Please contact your GP surgery for a telephone consultation with your doctor within the next 2 weeks'. When my DD had her result text to her about a year ago (same GP surgery) it was words to the effect of 'Your test result was all clear/NAD'. Now I'm worrying that something is wrong if I have to speak to my doctor about it. Has anyone else had this message,and what did it mean?

BakeOffBiscuits Fri 06-Jan-17 00:03:22

Sorry I've never had a text, but I presume if it was something serious they'd want you to speak to the dr ASAP. They wouldn't say "within two weeks". I'm not sure why the dr would need to speak to you- hopefully someone will be along.

Janey50 Fri 06-Jan-17 17:27:32

Anyone?

Wolfiefan Fri 06-Jan-17 17:31:09

I haven't had that exact message. I have been recalled though. A couple of times. Smear couldn't be read or caused bleeding so they had to redo. But you can't have it done again immediately. Maybe that's it. They just want to explain. Mine was fine. If it was something that needed urgent treatment I'm betting they would call you and have you in ASAP. Two weeks sounds very routine.

Janey50 Fri 06-Jan-17 19:07:08

Thank you BakeOff and Wolfie. I feel somewhat reassured now.

BakeOffBiscuits Fri 06-Jan-17 19:44:11

Glad you're reassured. Hope all goes well, did you manage to make an appointment?

Janey50 Sat 07-Jan-17 18:21:23

Yep,got an appointment for a phone call from the doctor on Tuesday morning this coming week. Just hope I don't get forgotten, as happened with my son-in-law,who's with the same surgery, a couple of months ago!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now