Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Gallbladder polyp

(4 Posts)
puguin86 Thu 05-Jan-17 19:32:52

Hi. I went for an ultrasound today for abdominal pain. The radiologist told me I had a gallbladder polyp but she couldn't tell me anymore and to make an appointment with my Gp. Who wasn't open this afternoon to make an apt with
I've obviously now scared myself half to death reading up on the internet.
I'm only 30 and relatively fit so I'm just looking for any reassurance that this is really common and nothing bad 😞

TIA

LisaMarie16 Thu 05-Jan-17 19:37:43

Hi. I was told last year i had the same on my gallbladder. went for numerous ultrasound scans over few months and was then referred back to hospital to be to told that all was fine and no growth. Got to go back in a year to see if they have grown if not then carry on as normal if they have then may need Gallbladder removed but norhing to worry yourself about. Have they said what size it/they are?

puguin86 Thu 05-Jan-17 21:05:29

Hi thanks for your reply. The radiology person didn't say just said that she had seen one on the scan but that my gp would be in touch ! Hasn't been the cause of my pain either so I'm guessing I've got more tests coming my way !

Bingybongybashy Thu 05-Jan-17 22:30:03

I've got a gallbladder polyp, found via ultrasound for something else, no symptoms just six monthly scans to monitor size. So far no change in 3 years! Theyre pretty common.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now