Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

This might sound odd but I can't see for glitter when I wake up

(8 Posts)
Bluepinafore Wed 04-Jan-17 09:09:04

I'm not crazy I promise! grin
Just recently when I first wake up my vision is covered with little stars, ,like glitter. I can't see past it very well and have to wait for a few seconds before it clears then I'm fine.
This is the only time it ever happens and never lasts for long at all.
Anyone else had similar?!
Had an eye test few months ago that was perfectly fine and no other issues smile

itstheyearzero Wed 04-Jan-17 09:11:22

I'd get it checked out. It could be a number of things from migraine to detached retina. I had this and when I went to see my GP he sent me straight to the eye hospital. Mine turned out to be visual migraines with no headache but seriously get checked out.

Bluepinafore Wed 04-Jan-17 09:24:08

Ooh really? Even though it's just initially after opening my eyes for a few seconds?
I thought someone would come along and tell me I was being stupid and that I was just waking up too fast lok

itstheyearzero Wed 04-Jan-17 09:32:57

Yes I don't mean to worry you, it could be something or nothing, but please get it checked out asap.

MollyHuaCha Wed 04-Jan-17 10:31:19

Does it happen when you wake up in the dark or just when there's a bright light?

Bluepinafore Wed 04-Jan-17 10:42:33

Tends to be worse if I'm looking at a light source so if I'm facing the window I can see it much more

myoriginal3 Wed 04-Jan-17 10:44:49

Is it while you immediately open your eyes or when you sit up in the bed?

Bluepinafore Wed 04-Jan-17 11:01:03

It's when I open my eyes

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now