Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Bedwetting protecting the duvet

(4 Posts)
magso Wed 21-Feb-07 11:34:52

My DS age 7 had 2 dry pullups this week, (usually 2 a year!)I am preparing for a pullup free trial! DS cannot cope with sheets and blankets so the duvet always gets wet! Last pullup free time was summer hols (1 dry night in 6/52), when thin duvets (i have 3 + 2 small sized) were adiquate. Now is winter and warm singles wont fit in my washer. I have 1 warm cot-bed sized which fits in washer but slightly small for DS!. I have tried a waterproof cover (too heavy and sweaty) and the best method so far is using a thin duvet next to child and a warmer one on top. Anyone got any ideas? DS has sensative skin and likes his cosy cotton covers.

Belo Wed 21-Feb-07 11:37:11

We put a fleece blanket inside the quilt cover. this protects the quilt in case of an accident. It's easier to wash, and is still nice to sleep with. Ours were bought very cheaply from Ikea. 2.99 or something like that.
Good luck!

magso Wed 21-Feb-07 11:41:48

Belo brilliant idea, thanks. Have an ikea fleece blanket, so will try it tonight. Thanks!

KTeePee Wed 21-Feb-07 11:59:23

Thanks for starting this thread - I was wondering this too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now