Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Sinus smell/headaches?

(3 Posts)
Titsalinabumsquash Tue 03-Jan-17 22:52:31

DS2 is 10, he has a reoccurring foul smell coming from his nose/mouth, it lasts for a few days at a time and when I say foul I mean enough to make his strong stomached mother gag, its like something is rotting! It happens about 3/4 times a year. I've been to the dentist about it who couldn't find anything to cause it, DS has a good oral hygiene routine. I've been to a less than helpful GP about it and she looked at me like I was barmy, however today I get a call from school to say DS has complained of a very sudden 'brain freeze' headache that upset him quite a bit, despite not having anything cold or eating/drinking at the time, he was fine and wanted to remain at school after a few mins of sitting quietly. His teacher has informed me today that this isn't the first time he's had the same thing happen.
He dies have some mild sn and is receiving a family support workers time weekly and will be starting art therapy and emotional management support so she didn't know if it was anxiety related.

The smell thing has happened again recently though so I'm wondering if it's connected and there's a sinus issue? I'm debating with myself about taking him back to see a different GP tomorrow.. I was wondering if anyone had experience of anything like this?

Titsalinabumsquash Tue 03-Jan-17 22:53:54

I should add DS is physically healthy otherwise, sporty, eats well, good height/weight etc.

MrsDustyBusty Tue 03-Jan-17 22:55:16

It does sound like it could be a sinus infection with a post nasal drip causing the smell. I'm not in any way medically qualified, but I've had similar symptoms. I was prescribed a nasal spray which worked very well indeed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now