Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Where can I buy Aveeno?

(11 Posts)
auntyspan Wed 21-Feb-07 10:38:44

My DD has quite bad ezcema and I believe this stuff is really good?

Can anyone tell me where I can buy it?

thanks x

LIZS Wed 21-Feb-07 10:41:24

boots

maretta Wed 21-Feb-07 10:43:29

or get a perscription. It's fairly expensive.

kiskidee Wed 21-Feb-07 10:44:31

see your gp to get it on prescription. that way your dd gets it for free. any chemist can order it for the next day if they don't normally stock it.

TLV Wed 21-Feb-07 11:02:31

we get ours free on prescription from my gp, 3 tubes of the cream and the bath oil and we can go through them in one week! (depending on dd skin) see your gp

astronomer Wed 21-Feb-07 11:08:59

as it basically oatmeal you can make your own with porridge oats (traditional not ready brek) and putting a couple of spoonfuls tied in muslin or thin cotton then wetting and dabbing on skin. One of grannies favourites but I still use it on DC's (not eczema but have had irritation with some soaps)

anicelongbath Wed 21-Feb-07 11:26:19

Hi I agree with astronomer about the oats - i put them in an old sock and let it float in the bath.
My dd's and I have all had eczema. We now keep it completely at bay using
1. udo's oil (take internally, especially good if you're breastfeeding). I have mine in yoghurt each morning. You can put 1 teaspoonful on children's food but don't cook with it
2. Avene - the water spray stops the itching instantly - I know people who have stopped steroid use within days of using avene. Their cold cream is also really soothing and you can mix it with zinc cream (eg sudocreme) if there are signs of infection (little white spots).
Hope this helps.

Nip Wed 21-Feb-07 11:27:25

auntyspan - i've just began using it (prescription from Dr's) and i'm not that keen - i dont think it does much.

Have you tried Unguentum - this is good.

TLV Wed 21-Feb-07 11:29:48

Nip I didn't notice any improvement until a few weeks after we started using it, we'd already tried it and given up after 3 days and after trying loads of other things another gp who wouldn't normally see prescribed it again, I didn't want to keep going back so we kept on using it and after a few weeks her skin had totally cleared (tho it probably doesnt work for everyone)

astronomer Wed 21-Feb-07 11:30:31

We swear by vaseline in summer and fifty/fifty (mix of vaseline and liquid paraffin) in winter as it is a bit softer

Nip Wed 21-Feb-07 13:41:52

auntyspan - interesting?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now