Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Lovely subject...piles

(13 Posts)
FioFio Wed 21-Feb-07 10:12:04

Message withdrawn

Bozza Wed 21-Feb-07 10:12:58

It does sound like it could be. Especially the itchy bit. How pg are you?

FioFio Wed 21-Feb-07 10:13:32

Message withdrawn

nailpolish Wed 21-Feb-07 10:13:55

sorry but LOL

go and get some cream from the chemist

and a donut cushion

i didnt have piles when pg, but ive seen other cases and it sounds like it might be, esp with the itching

nailpolish Wed 21-Feb-07 10:14:42

fio to stop them getting worse

drink plenty

eat fibre

dont strain PLEASE whatever you do

just sit and wait, take a book

dh takes his laptop to pass the time

Bozza Wed 21-Feb-07 10:15:46

Well 12 weeks seems a bit early for them to start. Get yourself some cream and see how it goes. Or you could go to the doc and get a free prescription for it.

Bozza Wed 21-Feb-07 10:16:16

I ate apricots to help my system along when I was pregnant.

charlieq Wed 21-Feb-07 10:29:33

mine get worse and worse the more pg I am. Even though I have nothing resembling constipation (sorry if tmi!)
Mine seemed to start early in the pregnancy as well.

I think pressure on the pelvic area and sometimes sitting down most of the day really starts them off(don't know if you are at work in an office etc?) doesn't help.

I resorted to Preparation H after ds1 when they were just ridiculous.

multitasker Wed 21-Feb-07 10:34:23

Be careful with the bleeding - you could have an anal fisure in which case you need a prescription for ointment from the doctor. I was cursed with piles later in all pregnancys and I have to watch my diet now to keep them away. Lots of sympathy - I know they are extremely unpleasant.

FioFio Wed 21-Feb-07 11:15:32

Message withdrawn

multitasker Wed 21-Feb-07 11:25:52

A good old rectal exam with the gp. Fortunately I have no shame whatsoever and would gladly have bared my bum to the nearest trained monkey if it meant some relief. I think if there is prolonged bleeding it is highly probable you have a tear. Go make an appointment now - don't leave it, there is nothing you can buy over the counter that really helps.

Bugsy2 Wed 21-Feb-07 11:34:02

An anal fissure stings like something very stingy indeed. I used TCP ointment on mine, the fissure that is, and other than having to grit my teeth because it hurt so much & I had to poke my finger in my bottom - it worked very well.

bottleblonde Wed 21-Feb-07 19:04:18

If its piles you will have a little lump (or two) down there after a bowel movement. Stuff from the chemist is normally strong enough to shift them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now