Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Lump in Breast

(3 Posts)
KatEmThe Mon 02-Jan-17 20:35:11

Hi all

I found a lump in my left breast above the areola, it is quite hard and bigger than pea sized.

I went to the doctors two weeks ago, was seen by a nurse who said it was an infection and I went away with antibiotics to take for a week and then to go back a week later. I went back, the lump hadn't changed. She didn't advise me of what it could be, just said she will refer me to the hospital (in quite an abrupt way, which made me ask no questions)

I haven't really thought about it but the last couple of days I've been using the dreaded google!

I have my appointment on Friday, I'm just feeling anxious now.

Anyone that has been through something similar that can give me any kind of reassurance?

Thank you.

sparechange Mon 02-Jan-17 20:36:36

GP, as soon as is practically possible

It is almost certainly a cyst which can be drained, but there is no reason to delay

flowers

mamalovesmojitos Mon 02-Jan-17 20:50:47

I found a lump last year and was really anxious. I did read lots of threads on here, which did ease some fears. Was too nervous to post though! The vast, vast majority of lumps are cysts or benign tissue. Mine was thank god. Try not to worry flowers. And stay away from google!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now