Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

DH ankles have swollen up

(13 Posts)
jampot Tue 20-Feb-07 23:23:44

Dh is away this week and has just phoned to say that his ankles have swollen up, one is a bit puffy but the other is abotu 1/3 the normal size bigger - he feels ok. What could it be? Ive suggested he see the first aider in teh hotel but he wont.

controlfreakyandroses Tue 20-Feb-07 23:25:19

has he been on longhaul flight?

QueenDave Tue 20-Feb-07 23:25:47

Retaining fluid can be a symptom of many things. Some serious, some not so. He really needs to seek medical attention to be able to find out what it really is.

Where is he? Has he flown to get there?

jampot Tue 20-Feb-07 23:26:51

no flying - he's in Kent

controlfreakyandroses Tue 20-Feb-07 23:27:51

unlikely to be scary dvt then.....
hi jampots!

QueenDave Tue 20-Feb-07 23:28:49

Swollen ankles - bp, heart and circulation problems, diabetes (i think) are teh common ones.

jampot Tue 20-Feb-07 23:34:21

CF&R

thanks for that. Ive just spoken to him again. he says no palpitations, has been sitting a lot tonight (no change there), doesnt think he's dehydrated Ive told him to rotate his ankles while he's lying in bed

SherlockLGJ Tue 20-Feb-07 23:37:02

Politeness.............

Procludes me from posting what I am thinking....

Ulysees Wed 21-Feb-07 00:02:36

jampot think he's best seeing dr as you shouldn't ignore this. It'll no doubt go away on it's own but not a symptom you ignore hun

jampot Wed 21-Feb-07 00:33:07

he said he;ll see someone tomorrow

Ulysees Wed 21-Feb-07 17:25:50

Did he go, how did he get on?

SlightlyMadScientistExperiDave Wed 21-Feb-07 21:55:08

If one is bigger than the other he should be checked for DVT. He doesn't have to have flown to have it and it can quickly become very serious if left untreated.

It may be nothing - but it needs checkiong ASAP. Lulumama is good for info on DVTs.

Ulysees Thu 22-Feb-07 19:57:45

how's your dh today?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now