Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

PoTS?

(3 Posts)
Aloethere Mon 02-Jan-17 18:40:21

I have just Googled PoTS after reading a thread here, I'd never heard of it before now. I have this thing with my heart where if I bend over to pick things up for instance sometimes I get palpitations. It doesn't happen very often maybe 4-6times a year. It happened the other evening and my heart rate went to 221bpm but then after 10 minutes suddenly went back to normal. I'm on a waiting list to see a cardiologist but have been for about 2 years at this stage(I'm in Ireland). Does this sound like it could be PoTS? The other evening was the first time I actually measured my heart rate when it happened and it scared me how high it was. I can't seem to get anyone to take it seriously though, my GP just murmurs and says how strange whenever I bring it up confused

pishedoff Mon 02-Jan-17 21:33:04

221bpm sounds massive shock, I think I'd be inclined to get it checked at A&E if it gets that high?!

Aloethere Tue 03-Jan-17 11:25:21

By the time I would actually get to a&e or a Drs it would have stopped, like I said it only lasts about 10mins. I've been given an ecg twice and because that comes back as normal I don't seem to be any type of priority. They have been talking about giving me a monitor for a few days but there is no chance really that that is going to catch anything because it happens so rarely. It feels like they think I am making it up tbh confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now