Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Dental implant - front tooth and scared!!

(5 Posts)
Ava1985 Mon 02-Jan-17 15:39:42

Hi, just wondered if anyone has experience in having a front tooth extracted (failed root canal, previously died due to trauma!) and how it went? I am due to go in for the procedure in a couple of weeks and signing all of the paperwork has freaked me out a little (lot!) I am apparently a good candidate as I don't smoke and general health is good but I can't help thinking about how it's all going to go. Also, I am having a temp adhesive bridge put in place for around 8 weeks whilst the extraction site/any infection heals. Will this look ok? My dentist is one of the best in the area for this and has a high success rate. But I'm scared the temp fix/look is going to be awful and so noticeable? When I smile i show all of my gums which makes me think it will be obvious! im currently in a constant state of low level/moderate pain and discomfort (but can flare quite bad at any point) from this tooth so I will be glad to get rid of that. TIA X

MollyHuaCha Mon 02-Jan-17 18:04:46

No experience here, but hope it goes well smile

NobodyputsBabyinaKorma Mon 02-Jan-17 20:19:46

My cousin has an implant in place of her front tooth. Looks great and she's really pleased she went through with it - about four years ago now.

Ava1985 Tue 03-Jan-17 18:29:47

Thanks for your replies. Seems implants are the way to go for missing teeth and have a high success rate! Just wish it didn't take so flippin long to get there and so much money! I hope I have a positive experience like your cousin has nobody

cookiefiend Tue 03-Jan-17 18:37:19

My step mother had it some- no issues and looks great. The temporary thing looked fine, though it annoyed her (as did my temporary crown- you always know it's not quite right). Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now