Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Flu for over 2 weeks!

(3 Posts)
hs241 Sun 01-Jan-17 23:46:49

I've had the flu for 2 weeks now, to the point where I can't even stand out of bed long enough to make dinner for my family! Initially, I had terrible congestion, and was very tired - I was at work and it hit me like a tonne of bricks and was sent home. Luckily, I had a couple of weeks off but am supposed to return on Thursday. The doctor last week claimed that she would be surprised if I wasn't feeling back to normal by Tuesday, however, the extreme fatigue has not subsided. Has anyone else had this? Or can give me some advice? Just want to be back to normal now!

wendyhappysmile Mon 02-Jan-17 23:26:07

I started with flu at the start of December and was off work from the 13th. I'm still having bad and OK days and no good days. Weak, tired, need to sleep, aching body etc still all there in varying degrees. Dr says I am not recovering as I was suffering from exhaustion before that. He also said it could be post viral fatigue syndrome. I am not going back to work tomorrow as I am not well enough and will be phoning the dr again for a sick note. I feel your pain!

hs241 Mon 02-Jan-17 23:40:03

wendyhappysmile -Tried getting the doctor to see me today as I still can't get out of bed. But, due to bank holiday, I could only be seen if I went in, which I couldn't do! Just trying to stay positive with it all, but I must admit it's rubbish. I hope that you feel better soon!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now