Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Upset stomach. What are the rules with YOUR childcare provider and what do you ACTUALLY do?

(3 Posts)
SlightlyMadScientist Tue 20-Feb-07 21:12:09

The various nursery brochures quoted 24-48 hrs after the last Diahrroea or vomit episode. Our nursery is one of the 48hr ones. It is usually closer to 36hrs (never before) when she goes back. I just wonder if I am alone in flouting the rules or are there other MNetters out there that do the same?

<Fears I may need to take up a new identity after this...>

Cloudhopper Tue 20-Feb-07 21:34:59

Ours was 24 hours, which they have now increased to 48 hours.

To be honest, I am sure that every parent makes a judgement about whether the episode is over, and acts accordingly. That's always been my view, whatever the time period.

I wouldn't send them back until they are better, but I don't count the hours. Unless they were at nursery anyway, and we are quarantined!

nearlyfourbob Tue 20-Feb-07 21:39:36

Someone at ds's preschool sent her son in late one day because she'd been dropping his stool sample to the Dr to check for Giardia.

So a really good idea for him to be around other small children then!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now