Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Sorry - a bit gross - but any gynaecologists out there?

(5 Posts)
nappyrat Sun 01-Jan-17 20:42:41

I got out of the car after a couple of hours driving a couple of days ago & suddenly felt like I was wetting myself. I quickly popped a tissue in my pants as it felt like quite a bit of liquid & when I went to the loo a few minutes later, to my shock, saw the attached. A pale pink watery liquid on the tissue. Quite a bit of it- maybe 3-4 tablespoons.

I'm now worrying as to what the hell it was / is.

I'm almost exactly mid period so no period due for a while (am fairly regular).

Over the past couple of years I have had bleeding in between periods and after sex. This new discharge was different though. Much more watery. Pink.

Bleeding in between period issue was not accompanied by pain. I pushed this issue fairly hard with GP who sent me for an internal scan (ultrasound I think) - all came back clear. Same with STD tests. Same with recent smear. Dr Suggested could be some womb cells growing a bit beyond cervix. So got left after that.

Also - me guessing only - my new (2 yrs) partner has a very ahem I've always found sex a bit painful with him. Perhaps a cause.

I had a copper coil fitted 2 yrs ago.

Any thoughts very welcome. I'm worried. I've had a bit of bleeding since it happened but that is the more 'usual' (for me) post sex bleeding. Which looks different.


AttilaTheMeerkat Sun 01-Jan-17 20:52:00

I would ask your GP to refer you to a gynaecologist for further evaluation.

Deep pain during sex can in some cases be indicative of endometriosis being present. This all warrants further investigation, was wondering why the GP has not referred you to date.

PacificDogwod Sun 01-Jan-17 20:56:35

Get yourself checked down below again - you need a speculum examination at least, colposcopy possibly.
It may well be a cervical ectropion and is harmless and easily treated.
Obviously none of us here can diagnose you, but an ectropion (as you said, normal cells from the inside of the cervical canal growing to the surface of the cervix and bleeding after intercourse, often with watery, blood stained discharge) would fit what you are describing.

Speak to your GP with this new development with a view to gynaecology assessment.

MollyHuaCha Sun 01-Jan-17 21:00:37

Hope you get an answer soon.

PollyPerky Mon 02-Jan-17 11:34:49

That's quite a copious discharge for an erosion. When I had an erosion it was no more than a tiny bit of spotting on a tampon ( noticed if using when period due..or over...)

How old are you? How long ago was the scan?

It sounds as if the liquid is coming from the uterus as that amount of discharge isn't normal- unless it's post-sex! And you wouldn't normally feel a normal discharge coming out.

You need to go back to GP and insist on another scan.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: