Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Period delay tablets

(6 Posts)
curlylocks101 Sun 01-Jan-17 16:21:16

Has anyone ever used these? What was your experience?

I am due on at the beginning of a week away next month and we're due to be skiing, mountainbiking, hiking etc. I can cope with my period during these activities for a day or two but I really don't fancy a week of it so wonder if the period delay pill might be an alternative?

JustWoman Sun 01-Jan-17 16:32:09

I took it last year as period was due when on holiday and while in theory I could have used pool with moon up or tampon, I just wouldn't have felt comfortable in a bikini while having a period and worrying about trips out where toilet was etc.

It was fine, tablets worked and didn't feel any different. You do need to start taking them before the period is due so make sure you get go app in time, and then daily so remember to pack then period will come a day or two after you stop taking them.

Made holiday more faff free as I'd have been constantly paranoid about leaking esp in a bikini, and being near enough to toilet to change etc.

pklme Sun 01-Jan-17 16:34:01

I've used norethisterone. It's ok, does the job, but in my case I have that 'just about to come on' feeling all the time I take them.

Scaffleen Sun 01-Jan-17 16:50:07

I've used them and they were fine. I think you can only use them for a week so you need to be spot on with your dates. I did feel very bloated with them. It's a side effect but I'm not sure if this was the reason for being bloated. It did make me feel like i was due a period any day. I kind of wished I had just let the period happen as mine only last a couple of days and are very light.

SoupDragon Sun 01-Jan-17 16:53:44

I think you can only use them for a week

Not if you mean norethisterone.

I've taken them for my summer holiday 3 times now and they worked brilliantly with no side effects that I noticed.

curlylocks101 Mon 02-Jan-17 23:09:59

Thanks for the replies smile just need to decide if I'd rather have my period on holiday, or spend it feeling as though I'm about to come on...the joys!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now