Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Worth dragging myself to Dr, or will it just be a virus

(6 Posts)
nearlyfourbob Tue 20-Feb-07 20:28:46

Started monday with abdo pain D&V, felt better yesterday, just a bit tired. Today D is back (no sign of V, but do feel nauseaous)I have a disgusting feeling in my throat like it's coated in something, but I can't see anything. I feel tired and achy.

So in short - too vile to drive to the Dr. unless it's very likely that the treatment is something other than rest, fluids and sleep.

Thankfully ds is at kindy until 12.45.

nearlyfourbob Tue 20-Feb-07 20:56:54

Anyone?

SlightlyMadScientist Tue 20-Feb-07 21:05:29

Even if it is bacterial they won't treat the cause unless it persists and they then prove it is one of a couple of specific bugs. DD3 (9m) had to have it for 10d before they even tested to see whether it was something they wanted to treat.

Don't bother - stay home and keep yourself hydrated.

jalopy Tue 20-Feb-07 21:06:48

Poor you. Stick to the rest, fluids and sleep plan. If you're not vomiting, try a bit of toast with jam. Low sugar levels can cause nausea too. Tummy upsets can take a few days to clear.

nearlyfourbob Tue 20-Feb-07 21:34:19

Will just stay at home and then drag myself out to get ds (thank goodness for kindy) and then pop him in front of the cars DVD to buy myself another couple of hours in bed.

It is revolting.

nearlyfourbob Wed 21-Feb-07 00:01:33

Lovely friend has taken ds for afternoon - despite already having 3 children. Lovely, lovely friend.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now