Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Back pain

(5 Posts)
reikizen Sun 01-Jan-17 14:24:45

Has anyone managed to 'cure' their back pain? My back 'goes' every few weeks and I have 3 days of agony before it goes back to normal. Co-codamol or ibuprofen don't even touch the edges of the pain which makes me feel like I will pass out. I am a midwife so am really reluctant to take time off work and mum of two so can't just lie in bed, who eats well, doesn't drink or smoke and exercises regularly and it is beginning to make me depressed. Any advice appreciated.

trinity0097 Sun 01-Jan-17 19:49:16

Have you ever seen a chiropractor? I love mine, she sorts by back if it has gone, but it rarely goes now that I see her a few times a year to keep me straight.

It's likely that something you are doing at work is causing it.

Crankycunt Sun 01-Jan-17 19:56:00

Where is the pain? Does it radiate down your leg/s?

You need to see a Dr.

Aftertheraincomesthesun Sun 01-Jan-17 19:58:23

I see an osteopath regularly, put deep.heat on every morning when I get out of bed and always have my electric blanket on for an hour at night to,relax it.

trinity0097 Sun 01-Jan-17 21:09:19

Also do daily back stretches, even when your back is fine to help keep it mobile.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now