Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Diets......

(3 Posts)
mum2oliver Tue 20-Feb-07 20:02:22

I would like to know what are the best foods to eat or the best diet to follow to ensure I dont hit any low moods.I dont want to go into those afternoon slumps and get cravings for sweet things.I also want to eat realistic food,not like on "you are what you eat".....

Kbear Tue 20-Feb-07 22:37:46

Low-GI plans do the trick. Rosemary Conley, if you're looking for a class (you get aerobics class with that too for the price).

Works a treat, I was never hungry. Lots of low fat, low-GI, healthy, normal, non-faddy food.

Top tip - watch your portion size when you serve your meal. Half what you normally eat and you'll lose weight in no time.

Top tip 2 - always have fruit in the house to snack on.

hellobello Wed 21-Feb-07 09:54:55

Weightwatchers is quite sensible too. I've haerd that eating a lot of carbs can make you sleepy, so a great bowl of pasta may not be ideal for lunch! I think it is normal to have a dip in energy between about 2-4pm. Our energy levels rise again after that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now