Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Rib Swelling.

(2 Posts)
Pollyputthekettleon45 Sat 31-Dec-16 19:41:52

Has anyone strained a muscle in their rib before? Specifically the left one? Ive got a swelling on my left rib. Not really painfull but tender? Rang 111 and i need to rest it.

It started when I had a sickness bug mid/end November and i was extremely sick. That was swiftly followed by a really bad sinus infection which hasn't really gone.
Im still blowing my nose (soz) 4/5 times a day, still mucasy, slightly bunged up, croaky and my chest is still tight.
Ive had a busy few months so haven't had time to rest. (Children being picked up, moving bedroom furniture, christmas, etc) I have b12 deficiency so illnesses really linger.

Can i have a pulled/strained muscle thats not really sore? Just a dull ache? I have a doc app next week so will mention it. 111 nurse didn't seem worried, however, im abit of a worrier!

danTDM Sun 01-Jan-17 10:33:51

I think it sounds like an inflammation of the muscles in the rib cage (there is a name for it costilitis or something) you probably just need to rest and take a course of antibiotics. You sound run down! flowers I hope you get it sorted soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now