Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Sweat

(11 Posts)
PebbleTTC Sat 31-Dec-16 00:40:23

Hi all,

Wondering does anyone else get this. I'm 32 and just woke up and bed and skin covered in sweat. I had to change the sheets. I thought I might have wet the bed or something from the volume of wetness but not urine and doesn't smell of sweat either.

This is the second time in recent months this has happened. Any ideas what this is?should I go to doctor-I live in Ireland so this would be a cost of 50 euro don't want to go if it's nothing

Aquamarine70 Sat 31-Dec-16 13:43:41

Are you menopausal age or taking an SSRI anti depressant? If iI take a high dose of sertraline i get night sweats at night as a serotonin surge causes it.

PebbleTTC Sun 01-Jan-17 06:45:03

Hi thanks for the response. I'm 32 and not on any medication

ASqueakingInTheShrubbery Sun 01-Jan-17 06:59:32

Did you drink too much the night before? I really notice it now I don't drink very often.

PebbleTTC Sun 01-Jan-17 07:11:55

No I don't drink! It has only happened twice in the last few months.I might go to gp if it happens again

superbugged Sun 01-Jan-17 09:43:12

The same has been happening to me this week!
I've been drenching the bed, my clothes, my hair. Poor DH.
I'm on no medication, not particularly stressed, don't drink.

Stress can be a cause and has been in the past but not at the moment.
Have you recently had a virus or could be coming down with one?
Have you been having bad dreams? That can also be a cause.

Hope it stops soon for you

flumpybear Sun 01-Jan-17 09:45:57

Have you tried lighter bedding or a small window open? Might literally be you're hot?

PebbleTTC Sun 01-Jan-17 12:43:49

I don't feel that stressed. I sleep naked light bedding and door open as I do get very warm at night. What concerned me is I don't normally sweat even when exercising would only sweat a little bit so to have the bed completely drenched worried me

Maverickismywingman Sun 01-Jan-17 12:46:17

Following. I'm almost the same Pebble.

I get very hot at night (I never used to).
The only difference is, I take the pill.

My hands and feet are generally very warm all/most of the time too.

I have vivid dreams, nightmares and night terrors so I presumed that it was related.

NicknameUsed Sun 01-Jan-17 12:47:00

If this is unusual for you then it is worth visiting the GP.

hanban89 Sun 01-Jan-17 22:22:01

Tbh I would be tempted to see your GP, they might want to run some blood tests.
Any other symptoms? Tiredness? Swollen lymph nodes? You could be fighting an infection of some sort.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: