Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Breast pain

(4 Posts)
littlebillie Fri 30-Dec-16 23:34:38

Over the last few weeks I have a lot of breast pain. I have now had a remeasure and I am requiring a bigger cup. A few days on and I'm still sore but there is less irritation from the bra. Where to go next any experiences?

Anasnake Fri 30-Dec-16 23:38:57

Evening primrose oil helped me for a while - a strong dose. I had terrible pain after having my children, couldn't wear underwired bras and taking the combined pill made it worse. Eventually realised mine was a hormonal balance which cleared up almost overnight when I started with the mini pill.

littlebillie Fri 30-Dec-16 23:46:53

I'm on complex medication which prevents me from taking most things but the hormone thing could be right as I am on the meriba coil

Anasnake Sat 31-Dec-16 09:50:03

See what your GP says, I had an older doctor who fobbed me off as an ultra sound showed nothing unusual and I think she thought I was exaggerating. Eventually saw a young female one who was fab. I had to wear sports bras to sleep as the pain was too much when I took it off. I flinched if anyone tried to hug me, I was constantly taking pain killers. My boobs felt swollen all the time, like when I was breastfeeding and I used to get shooting pains down the sides.
As I said, it all cleared up when I started on the mini pill. Hope you get it sorted xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now