Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

How easy is it to catch glandular fever from saliva?

(5 Posts)
petal68 Fri 30-Dec-16 20:02:57

Hi, just looking for some reassurance - just getting over severe anaemia which has wiped me out.

Ex husband has glandular fever diagnosed this week and in the midst of a huge row today he spat over my face - not deliberately I dont think just ranting so much - I know it passes through bodily fluid so i washed my face and rinsed my mouth out with antiseptic.

I dont think I could cope with this on top of everything else - can anyone reassure me chances are low i will catch it? I've googled but it just tells me how its passed on.

Thanks for any help

KissingAFool Fri 30-Dec-16 22:48:33

i had it very badly and nobody caught it in our house, i know i wasnt massively careful as i was a teenager, so.....you;re probably OK.

Why's DH ranting at you like that? unacceptable.

Ohyesiam Fri 30-Dec-16 22:52:41

Unlikely from what you describe.
But why is your oh having a go at you?
Sorry to hear things are tough.

NoDramaForTheLlama Fri 30-Dec-16 22:55:04

I had it very badly this year, kids didn't catch it DH didn't catch it and I'd been wandering around poorly and infectious for at least two weeks before anyone realised I had it. You should be ok.

petal68 Sat 31-Dec-16 11:16:36

Thanks very much for that reassurance - fingers crossed it doesnt come to anything!

He is an ex husband thankfully so I don't have to put up with his ranting too much we were just having a huge row about his new financee and her being horrible to our son - but that's a whole other story!

Thanks again.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: