Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Sinus headache

(5 Posts)
Notthinkingclearly Fri 30-Dec-16 08:41:15

I had a cold before christmas which seems to have turned into sinusitis. I was feeling so rough at 4 this morning I was steaming to try and get relief. Supposed to be having family over today for a meal. Feeling so rough not sure what else to try. Anyone for any suggestions please. One nostril is running like a tap with watery yellow fluid.

Bibbidee Fri 30-Dec-16 08:45:50

Yep get Sinutab nasal spray. Works a treat. I feel for you. An MRI revealed a completely blocked sinus and I too have a cough and cold and every time I cough and sneeze it causes excruciating pain in my eyes and brain. Honestly it's so bad I have to brace myself!

ChilliMum Fri 30-Dec-16 08:46:09

I suffer a lot with my sinuses. Steam, steam and more steam is best but it does take a day or 2 to clear. I find a few drops of tea tree or some salt in the steam really helps get things moving.
In the meantime you need nurofen or cocodamol.

Notthinkingclearly Fri 30-Dec-16 08:52:01

Just taken my temperature it's 38 degrees too.

fluorine19 Fri 30-Dec-16 12:55:10

I've had the same problems in the past. Steam can help, but it sounds like you need a course of an antibiotic such as doxycycline. From my own experience, nasal sprays can be counter-productive and make things worse, due to interference with the body's natural attempts to clear infections. My advice would, therefore, be to go to your GP or a walk-in centre and indicate you have a sinus infection.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now