Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Has anyone ever had a mouthful of fluid come back out of their nose?

(1 Post)
clairethewitch70 Thu 29-Dec-16 16:40:22

This has happened to me twice in the last few days and is scare me half to death.

A bit of background. I have a swallowing anxiety, hold drink in my mouth and have to psyche myself up to swallow. I really don't want to eat or drink.

My father had a rare form of muscular dystrophy, which I may have inherited which had swallowing problems amongst other issues. My uncle and grandmother had this condition too. Dr's don't know if I will develop this late onset condition.

I have had a barium swallow and it was ok they just said that I was taking too long to activate the swallow reflex.

I see my GP fortnightly due to an ongoing MH issue (bpd), made worse by my physical - fibromyalgia, SVT, Hashimoto's and a chronic mucous problem caused maybe by salicyclates. I constantly have a throat full of mucous which may have triggered the swallow issues.

Any ideas?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now