Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

When should I be worried about how heavy my period is?

(6 Posts)
xalyssx Wed 28-Dec-16 13:01:36

I have a very weird period at the moment, I have passed 20ml in just over one hour. I use a mooncup and I have a copper coil. How much loss is enough to warrant medical attention? My last period was very heavy.

clarka Wed 28-Dec-16 13:11:52

If in doubt call 111, better to be safe than sorry. Hope all is ok.

LunaLoveg00d Wed 28-Dec-16 13:15:12

Is it normal for you? If you are bleeding a lot more than you would usually expect then yes, 111 and medical attention. If your periods are routinely heavy and this one is just marginally worse it still needs medical attention but can probably wait to see a GP, unless you have other symptoms like pain or a temperature.

SquidgeyMidgey Wed 28-Dec-16 13:21:48

If it's becoming your 'normal' then I'd visit your GP. Mine got to the point where I would sit on the loo and it was like having a wee but it was my period blush I was sent for scans and blood tests but everything was fine so I got a mirena (not for everyone I know) which fixed it. I'd definitely visit your GP and get checked just to be sure everything is healthy.

pinkieandperkie Wed 28-Dec-16 13:28:36

I'm not sure what age you are op but this happened to me with the start of peri menopause.

AyeAmarok Wed 28-Dec-16 13:29:50

If you're going through a pad in an hour, call 999.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now